The Beard is Back!

Daniel's Beard, Vipassana CenterAfter fifty days of silence, I'm sitting here now and I find myself... speechless.

I'm back in Rishikesh where I plan to relax back into the "real world" for a few days, with no plans yet after that.

Being in Rishikesh and looking at the funny photo of my beard, I'm suspecting that this must be the "White Album" phase of my life (ala the hefty beard John Lennon wore after his time in Rishikesh) No album yet, though. In fact, just thinking of what to write here now seems like a lot. I will probably have more to say soon.

I did the 40-day retreat in Sattal, and went straight into a 10-day Goenka retreat that started the next day in Dehra Dun; To say that my retreat time was "wonderful" would be an understatement. mmm....

More soon.

All is well. Be Happy!

2 comments:

Aram said...

did you do a mahasi retreat?

Daniel Johnson said...

No. I decided that Mahasi was too much for my back and legs right now, too much pain. I'd like to at some point just to learn the technique, but right now I'm kinda over the whole Burmese meditate-til-it-hurts philosophy. Everything I can tell from the Buddha is that he was totally not preaching this kind of asceticism. Middle Path. Of course, some people can do it without it being torture, and for them, I think it's perfect.

Post a Comment