The Empty Vessel

Horizon, North Fork, CA
"If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything"
- Shunryu Suzuki Roshi
Here lies an empty blog. Who knows what will fill it up? Like the empty vessel of my mind, I never know what will pop up next. And as I empty my mind onto the pages of this blog in posts to come, I only hope that there will be a reader out there in internet land who will enjoy my efforts.

The photos will be, for the most part, as seen from my own camera lens, and the words from my own finger tips. I wish I could also take credit for whatever intelligence, wisdom, or humor may arise. But really, I think I'm probably just getting lucky.

I always get nervous about beginning something new. Perhaps because I imagine that there might be some hairy growling monsters dressed in rags who will read this and then come and grab me with their claws and eat me alive while making lots of slurrping sounds and giggling. That would be a most unfortunate result of such a simple internet venture - but at this point, it's just a risk I'm going to have to take.

If you find yourself getting bored or lost, or you just don't want to read anymore, then I'll offer you now a short summary of everything I will ever write. Here it goes: I love you; I'm traveling; I like to meditate; I hope you're happy; Human Beings are weird; Be well.

“There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” – Charles Dudley Warner

0 comments:

Post a Comment