Vipassana with Buddy Wakefield on TEDx

I had the pleasure of sitting a course last April with Buddy Wakefield. Of course, I had no idea that he was there, or even who he was. Sitting a course isn't really a time for being social.

It wasn't until the car ride to the airport that we ended up both hitching a ride with a local Texas meditator. I could tell that he was deeply steeped in dhamma as we talked. There is an incredible post-retreat glow that some meditators really eminate, and he had it big time. I could tell that everything he said was coming from deep place inside himself where he looked as though he was checking to see if it was his honest truth.

He is a writer, so as we talked, he would scribble notes down on a paper for possible inclusion in his spoken word performances.

Late, when I returned home, I saw this TEDx talk. I love it. He has a beautiful way of putting it into his own words and bringing a fresh and lively expression of what Vipassana is about for him.



0 comments:

Post a Comment